Evolutionary Saddles tm
Where fitting your horse and mule is our number one priority.
Evolutionary Saddlesô Offers Extraordinary Performance and outstanding quality at a fair price.
Designed for gaited and non-gaited horses and mules in all shapes and sizes!
Words About Wool
Wool is a natural fiber and is the ultimate in softness and support. Why?
1) Wool is the only fiber that adjusts to individual skin temperature, allowing your animalís back to stay cool when the weather is hot and warm when the weather is cold, acting as a natural thermostat. It does this with countless air pockets between the wool fibers that trap and keep air circulating freely next to your animalís back, far superior to synthetic fibers because of this breathability.
2) Wool retains its superior qualities wet or dry, unlike synthetics, that flatten out with wear. Woolís crimpiness has a natural resiliency, which allows it to spring back to its original size and shape.
3) Wool is extremely durable. In scientific tests, wool recovered 95% of its original thickness when compressed compared to 67% to 79% for synthetic substitutes. Woolís natural qualities allow it to be bent over 20,000 times without breaking and its crimped fibers form a springy cushioned support that cradles your saddle, relieving pressure points, muscle aches, and back pain.
4) Wool can absorb large amounts of body moisture, keeping your animalís back comfortable. Its absorbent, hollow fibers wick moisture to maintain body temperature and eliminate the chilling that can occur to a horseís back causing muscle cramping and distress. Remember only natural products can absorb moisture and keep your animalís back performing to its maximum abilities.
5) Real 100% American Virgin Wool is the miracle fiber. We offer two selections of wool: the washable Merino wool which has a 1.5Ē pile, 65-oz wool sewn into a synthetic backing and is ivory in color.
Sweat Patterns and Pad Material: Sweating is the bodyís natural cooling system. Sweat cools the body as it evaporates. For this process to work, moisture must be exposed to air. Sweat patterns differ depending on the pad material used.
1) Neoprene‑, rubber‑, and latex-based pads deliver the fastest sweat pattern. (If you were wearing rubber underwear you would get hot right away.)
2) Pads with a wool or felt-type covering over an open‑ or closed-cell neoprene or foam also deliver a quick sweat pattern.
With either of these pads, when the horse is thoroughly warmed up, globs of sweat run from under the pad as he is literally wearing a sweat suit.
3) Synthetic fleece pads deliver a slower sweat pattern than the first two.
4) Felt wool and cotton pads initially deliver a sweat pattern similar to that of a synthetic fleece pad, but actually begin to keep the back cooler. This happens as the wool or cotton, both natural products, allow wicking action to absorb the sweat. Then air can move in and evaporate moisture, cooling the back. With either a wool or cotton pad less sweat will run from under the pad than with the synthetic pads.
5) Wool fleece offers the most cooling because the fibers are loose and open, allowing excellent air and moisture exchange. Because of this exchange, wool fleece will not show an immediate sweat pattern. Thus, it can be difficult to determine uneven sweat patterns unless the horse has been worked hard enough for sweat to be running from his ears and rump. Even then, when you remove the pad you will see that the wool has wicked away much of the moisture and you may just have a pattern of dampness or compression.
In conclusion, material makes a difference in how the horse's back cools and how quickly sweat patterns form.
for English and endurance saddles. THESE ARE GREAT. But, what are they?
Saddle Sox or "booties" replace traditional saddle pads. Slip them on
the panels like a pair of socks; ride them as long as you like, slip
them off for washing. Unlike saddle pads, they cannot become tight over
the spine, they allow free airflow down the middle of the saddle & they
canít wrinkle. They are designed very thin, since no padding is needed
under the comfortable Flex system panels. Little maintenance or washing
is needed. They last so long, that I can count on one hand the number
Iíve seen wear out! They come standard with a Cordura top layer and a
polyester fleece bottom. Also available with washable Merino lambs wool
sewn into a synthetic backing for an additional charge. The Merino wool
is cooler for the horse, collects less hair and dirt, mats less
and is fantastic to wash. (With all the sox, do rinse them twice to
remove all soapy residues) The color choices for the Cordura are black
or brown. Or select a print
design. Choice for the Synthetic fleece is black or white. Or
the cream colored Merino
Wool (in above photo).
Merino Wool Saddle Pad: It took years to find a manufacturer to make a custom, top quality, affordable saddle pad. At last "Ranch Handler" was able to get the job done! This pad is made up of three layers. The bottom is the washable Merino lambs wool fleece, then the Ĺ" of medium density foam felt, topped off with a moisture resistant low loop nylon felt. The pad is contoured over the top line of the horse, hinged in the middle with nylon webbing is cut back in the front and rear to prevent pinching on the horsesí spine. The entire pad has rolled nylon edges for a clean, neat and sleek appearance. The pad comes in black only, contoured, 28 inches in length by 35 inches opened wide, (custom sizes available-see bottom of page on how to make a pattern of your saddle). The pad design offered here is exclusive to the Flexible Panel Saddle and will not help correct an ill-fitting saddle. Pad in black or select a print design.
Merino Wool Corrective Saddle Pad: Assist your saddle to fit properly with this top quality, affordable corrective saddle pad that is less than a half-inch thick making perfect for all panel saddles yet comfortable enough for saddles that are not. The pad is comprised of three layers; the bottom layer next to the horse is washable Merino lambs wool fleece, then a Ĺ" of medium density foam felt, topped off with a moisture resistant low loop nylon felt with a wear strip along the bottom edge protecting the pad from a saddles rigging. The pad is cut contoured to follow the back and top line of the horse and is hinged in the middle with nylon webbing that is cut back on both ends making it easier to pull up into the saddles gullet prevent pinching on the horses spine. The full-length pocket is easy to open from the bottom, making it possible to put balance-shims in wherever you need them, customizing fit for your horseís needs. This all black pad or select a print design, measures 29 inches long and 15 inches deep (32 opened up).
Front - Center - Rear shims below
* Remember to shim away from pressure and check your saddles fit with a rider IN THE SADDLE, by sliding your hand under the front, center (behind the riders leg) and rear of the saddle.
Shims: Sold in sets of three shims each. These shims are made of
high-density 1/4 inch neoprene foam, and are used for leveling your saddle,
compensating for a underdeveloped shoulder, giving your saddle a lift,
or filling in a hollow behind the shoulder or center of back. Shims can
either be slipped into your saddle padís pocket or attached to your
saddle pad using two way sticky carpet tape. Shims Velcro together using
the wonderful hook and loop all in one Velcro. Where you can stick
them to your panels, slip them in a pad or by using or by using two way
sticky carpet tape, stick them to your saddle pad. Specify front, rear or
Custom Shims: Take advantage of multiple mix and match sizing. These shims are sold in a set of 6 for a total of 12 shims. These shims are made either of high-density ľ inch neoprene foam or in the Ĺ inch felt Ė shown in white. These are used for leveling your saddle, compensating for a underdeveloped shoulder, giving your saddle a lift, or filling in a hollow behind the shoulder or center of back. Shims can either be slipped into your saddle padís pocket or attached to your saddle pad using two-way sticky carpet tape. The neoprene shims Velcro together using the wonderful hook and loop all in one Velcro. Where you can stick them to your panels, slip them in a pad or by using or by using two-way sticky carpet tape; stick them to your saddle pad. Specify which you prefer.
Earth Red Diamond
Tahoe Denim Aztec Black
Pattern repeat will vary
due size of pad
Please report website glitches E-Mail
Copyright Inc. All rights reserved. No part of
this web site may be copied, republished, excerpted or transferred to other
media without the express written consent of Tauer Manufacturing LLC. For
information, contact at 1- 866-723-5937
Web Master - Cathy Sheets Tauer